Peerless Trout First Nation is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Post-Secondary Education Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Band Manager, the incumbent will be the lead person for the delivery of the Post-Secondary Education Program and will oversee and manage the processing of, recording, and delivery of the Post-Secondary program for Peerless Trout First Nation band members.
- Meet with the Band Manager and Chief and Council to:
- review PTFN’s needs for educational funds, and to provide recommendations for available funds use;
- discuss and set annual educational fund priorities;
- receive authorization on any changes to the Student Handbook and Funding Guidelines.
- Coordinate and manage the Education Funding Application process;
- Promotion of the opportunity for band members to access post-secondary education and the available funds;
- Manage the financial processing, report review, and record keeping for the approved funds.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Grade 12 along with office experience in program delivery;
- Computer skills (MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Certificate in teaching would be an asset;
- The ability to: maintain confidentiality and be impartial, pay attention to detail, to present information in a simple understandable fashion;
- Possession of a class 5 driver’s license and to provide a clear RCMP Police Information Check and a clear Child Welfare Record Check on an annual basis.
- Must be reliable and organized, assertive when required, and have excellent people skills;
- Must be honest and trustworthy, be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, be flexible in working to meet the needs of the program, and demonstrate a sound work ethic.
Please email all resumes and cover letters to: Hr@ptfn.net. Resumes can also be dropped off at the Peerless Trout Administration Office.