FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION
The Health Promoter in conjunction with members of the health team will have key roles and responsibilities that include: promotion of wellness, protection of health and prevention of injury and illness. The Health Promoter will work with the community to enable and encourage people to increase control over their state of health and promote healthy life choices and lifestyles. Direct supervision of administrative policy and procedures are provided by the Health Director. .
The Health Promoter may be delegated and/or assigned any or all of the following program areas: Environmental Health, Communicable Disease Control, Maternal Child Health, School Health, Adult, Youth and Elder Health, Nutrition, Illness and Injury Prevention, Dental Health, Mental Health, Clinical Support and Administration.
The Health Promoter roles and responsibilities includethe following key activities: Health Promotion, Client Care, Health Protection, Community Advocacy and Cultural Liaison.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Willingness to attend training for new Community Health Promotion Program (CHPP)
- Grade 12 diploma preferred or equivalent.
- Mature status with suitable education and experience.
- Basic computer skills; internet and word processing would be an asset
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)certification
- Work Place Hazardous Material Information Systems (WHMIS) certification.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Willing to work flexible hours
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to work as part of the team.
- Demonstrates and maintains self-care and role modelling
- Builds trust, rapport and advocates for client health care needs and services.
- Ability to initiate program activities with minimal supervision.
- Open to new ideas and receptive to change.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal relations with community clients in program service and delivery.
- Proficient in oral and written communication as required in the health team work setting.
- Ability to speak a First Nations language would be an asset
- Knowledge of Aboriginal Culture, Values and Traditions would be an asset
Please submit a cover letter providing permission to contact references, and resume with three references via email
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found