My name is Helen Starr and I am the Services Manager for the Peerless Trout First Nation. I am from Peerless Lake and a PTFN member. I have lived in different cities and communities because of work and I came home a few years ago, to be with my family, relatives and friends.
My work has taken me into different fields such as social work and economic development. Although I have my education and training today, it was not always like this. I had quit school, so I went back to school starting from upgrading to different Universities, Colleges and where I trained to be a Social Worker and a First Nations Manager.
I enjoy working for Peerless Trout First Nation for many reasons, but an important one to me, is I have an attachment to all the community members, and I feel a personal satisfaction knowing that what I do helps everyone and the community as a whole. I won an award last year from PTFN for Outstanding Service and this is something I will cherish. It is a pleasure to serve to the best of my ability and I pray that I continue to do so for a long time to come.
WELCOME TO THE PT CAMP
Located on highway 686 between Peerless and Trout Lake by Health Center PT CAMP SIGN ON ROAD!
We provide clean comfortable suites for all who have chosen to use PT camp, whether it is for a short time or for long term basis.
It is a beautiful, quiet and clean, living environment, and a temporary home to many diverse cultures and persons who are far from home.
Each suite has one bedroom, bathroom, living room and kitchen with security coded door locks.
- The bedroom is furnished with top quality bedding with a duvet, cover and hypo-allergenic pillows (personal hygiene items and towels are not included)
- The bathroom either has a stand-alone shower, tub and shower, or jacuzzi tub and shower.
- The living room is furnished with a sofa, television, long worktable with enough plug ins for computers and other electronics, stereo, dvd player.
- The kitchen is furnished with all necessary equipment for meal preperation such as saucepans, fry pans, pots, kitchen utensils, coffee machine, toaster, kettle, dishes and untensils and wash towels. (***food not included)
- The recreation room has wifi, a big screen satelite television, comfortable sofas, game tables, pool table and foose ball
- The weight room has two treadmills, three eliptical machines, two stationary bikes, and two different types of weights
Housekeeping is available daily, and linen changes are done every 4th day. We ask that all personal items be removed from the beds. A thorough deep cleaning, shampooing rugs, washing walls etc. is done to the vacant units. For your health and safety, the units are disinfected after every checkout and when the units are cleaned every day.
If you are interested in staying with us, please make reservations for your staff, contractors/sub contractors in advance, if possible. Provide name and company of all individuals. Rates are 125.00 per person or as per agreement, and one person per suite (exceptional circumstances, see manager) please cancel all reservations 24 hours in advance. All check outs are at noon. otherwise, daily rates will apply.
Rules and boundaries for PT camp apply