With the support and direction of the Peerless Trout First Nation’s (PTFN) Housing Director, the Housing Clerk, is responsible for office administration and the coordination of all administrative aspects of the housing units. The Housing Clerk oversees and maintains the filing system, prepares required reports, proposals, and invoices, inventory control, purchase orders, and tracking expenses and revenues of all projects. The Housing Clerk must be organized, analytical, personable, professional, and posses good writing skills.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Acts as the first point of contract for Housing Department;
- Maintain office services and efficiency, planning and implementing office systems & operations;
- Controls purchase orders (POs) and inventory;
- Tracking expenses and revenues of all projects;
- Preparing proposals and reports for funding agencies;
- Provide services to PTFN Members in regarding payments of Blue wave and Rent/Reno.
You will have:
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- Must have at least 2 years experience working in an office environment;
- Knowledge of accounting principles and processing financial transactions;
- Knowledge of various types of filing systems;
- Knowledge of PTFN Financial and Human Resources Policies;
- Strong computer skills in MS Word and MS Excel, Email and Internet, electronic and paper filing, and data base systems;
- Ability to prepare reports, meetings, agendas, and memo’s;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is an asset;
- The ability to speak/understand Cree is an asset;
- Willing to sign an Oath of Confidentiality prior to commencing employment;
- RCMP Police Information Check for and as requested to be reviewed every 12 months.
Please submit a cover letter and resume citing the position title in the email subject line via email to: Hr@ptfn.net. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday May 7th, 2021 @ 12 noon