FINANCE CLERK POSITION
Peerless Trout First Nation is currently seeking individuals for Finance Clerk positions in the PTFN Finance unit. Reporting to the PTFN Finance Manager, the Finance Clerk assists in the preparation and maintenance of records and reports for all PTFN and PTFN entities’ accounts and programs in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Prepare and process payroll for all employees of PTFN and PTFN entities
- Enter payments into the online banking system
- Prepare & maintain accounting documents & records
- Data entry of financial transactions into Quick Books
- Provide assistance & support to PTFN Staff
- Assist with organizing all incoming documents for the finance unit and filing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills/qualifications:
An acceptable combination of education and work experience will be considered. Previous experience with preparing payroll is preferred.
Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy with excellent organizational skills. Aptitude for numbers and ability to perform filing and recordkeeping tasks. Competency with Excel. Solid communication and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to speak the local language is an asset. Class 5 driver’s license as well as reliable transportation to and from work is required.
The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing their duties. The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
Be honest and trustworthy, be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, be flexible and cooperative, and demonstrate sound work ethics.