TEMPORARY FULL TIME for Maternity Leave Coverage
Peerless Trout First Nation is currently seeking an individual to fill the position of Finance Clerk in the PTFN Finance Unit. Reporting to the PTFN Finance Manager, the Finance Clerk assists in the preparation and maintenance of records and reports for all PTFN and PTFN entities’ accounts and programs in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
- Prepare and process payroll for all employees of PTFN and PTFN entities;
- Gather and organize timesheets and payroll records;
- Enter payroll data into QuickBooks;
- Enter payroll payments into the online banking system;
- Prepare CRA payroll remittances;
- Prepare pension reports and maintain the employee benefits program;
- Receive all phone calls and messages;
- Receive and organize all incoming documents for the finance unit;
- Assist with data entry, filing and various other administrative support services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills/qualifications:
- An acceptable combination of education and work experience will be considered. Previous experience with preparing payroll is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy with excellent organizational skills. Solid communication and interpersonal skills are required. Ability to speak the local language is an asset. Class 5 driver’s license as well as reliable transportation to and from work is required.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- The incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing their duties.
- Be honest and trustworthy, be respectful, possess cultural awareness and sensitivity, be flexible and cooperative, and demonstrate sound work ethics.