|December 29, 2020
|COVID- 19 Update
|Alberta Health Services
Here is an update of the current status for COVID case follow up in Peerless Trout First Nation
Reported by FNIHB to AHS as of December 29:
For Peerless Trout
Active case: 4
Confirmed case (total): 9
Probable case: 0
For those community members who may be wondering how contact tracing is done:
FNIHB reports all positive results to AHS Public Health so that we can find out who was a close contact to get them swabbed and into isolation. Most of this work is done by phone with the client. The AHS Public Health Nurse works with the Community LPN and the Health Director for any swabs or support needed in the community.
We use the dates of when someone got sick to help determine who might be a close contact. Here is the definition of a close contact from the AHS website:
A close contact is anyone who, during the infectious period:
- lived with or was within two metres of a person who has COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more of cumulative contact, i.e. multiple interactions for a total of 15 minutes or more, even if a mask was worn during that contact, or
- has had direct contact with bodily fluids of a person who has COVID-19 (e.g., was coughed or sneezed on), or
- provided direct care for a person who has COVID-19, or
- has physical contact with a person who has COVID-19, such as handshake, hugging, kissing, or sexual activity, or
- shares items with a person who has COVID-19 such as drinks, personal hygiene items, cigarettes, vapes, lipstick, eating utensils, etc.
We will directly contact you if you are identified as a close contact. If we have any trouble contacting you we will work with the Community Health Director to find a way to get in touch. If you feel that you have been a close contact and should have been contacted please call 811 to let them know and they will make sure you get followed up.
This is a very anxious time for many communities in Alberta as we start to see bigger case numbers than we are used to. I hope that some of this information helps.