COVID 19 UPDATE
January 27, 2021
As the community is aware and the updates you have seen from the Health Center, Peerless Trout First Nation has seen a large increase in positive COVID cases. We know that these cases are a majority from Community transmission.
All community members are being asked to refrain from any visiting and that no gatherings take place. As of tomorrow, Thursday January 28, 2021 Council has approved the following new restrictions:
- No gatherings of any kind – this includes all places of worship and no family gatherings indoor or outdoor
- Offices, Health Center and schools will remain closed to all staff, students and the public
- Curfew will remain in place from 10:00 pm to 6:00 am everyday
- Restriction will remain in place for non-residents entering the community (this does not include emergency or essential services)
As a community we need to pull together to bring these numbers down. As this is almost exclusively community spread, it is the responsibility of residents to help stop the spread.
- If you feel sick, at all, just stay home. Call 811 and schedule a COVID test
- Wash hands often, for at least 20 seconds with soap or use hand sanitizer
- Wear a mask whenever you leave your home
- Social distance – minimum of 6 ft
- Follow all restrictions
There are laws in place for those that do not wish to follow the restrictions and large fines can be imposed on those caught in non-compliance
Chief & Council, Peerless Trout First Nation