Peerless Trout First Nation Lands Department is seeking to hire one motivated individual to work at the Narrows and Peerless Campgrounds as casual Campground Field Worker. The candidate will assist the current Campground Field Workers in the following duties and provide coverage during vacation or personal days off.
Reporting to: Lands Manager
Positions available: One part-time (~20 hrs/week).
Duration: Aug 17th, 2021 to September 30, 2021 (possibility of extension depending on demand)
Transportation: Personal Vehicle Use to the Administration Office.
- Must be a resident of either Peerless Lake or Trout Lake.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s Licence. Provide a driver’s abstract (3 years)
- Experience working with the general public.
- Must contribute to a positive working environment by fostering teamwork, communication and cooperation to all guests and coworkers.
- Experience working with shrub and brush clearing equipment like lawnmowers, brush cutters and weedwhackers.
- Standard First Aid.
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Personal vehicle for use to worksite is an asset but not a requirement.
- Be able to remain productive with minimal supervision.
- CSA Approved Steel toed footwear.
- Mowing grass, weed whacking, clearing shrubs and other debris from camping and group use areas.
- Working cooperatively and respectfully with other Campground Field Worker (s).
- Able to trouble shoot the maintenance and operation of equipment such as weed whackers, brush cutters and lawn mowers.
- Greets and assists visitors in a courteous, friendly manner to ensure a pleasant camping experience.
- Removal of litter from the recreational areas including: roadsides, trails, campsites, day use areas, parking lots and beach areas.
- Keeping firewood in approved storage areas—neatly stacked.
- Cleaning of the day use and camping areas upon the departure of guests in preparation of future guests.
- Cleaning and maintaining the Fish Cleaning Stands and ensuring stands are free of fish offal, stains and other substances. Replacing garbage bags when required in fish cleaning stands. Cleaning fish remnants from stands to prevent the attraction of flies and wildlife. Raking the area of fish stands to remove litter and other debris. Inform public of proper disposal of fish remnants to prevent odours from occurring.
- Maintaining the portable outhouses by sweeping and mopping the floors and ensuring toiletries are stocked for public use.
- Maintaining public information signs and remove unauthorized signs.
- Maintaining garbage cans and ensuring there is plastic bags inside, and disposing of garbage in the garbage bins provided.
- Conduct user surveys on a regular basis to all site visitors.
- Following all PPE requirements, and conducting field level hazard assessments prior beginning of every workday.
- Reporting all safety incidents including accidents and near misses to the Lands Manager.
Please submit your resume outlining how you fit the Requirements and Duties with the subject line Campground Field Worker to:
email@example.com before Aug 17 2021 at 4:30PM