Indian Residential Schools Resolution
Health Support Worker
Full Time Permeant Position
With the support and direction of Peerless Trout First Nation’s (PTFN) Health Director, Lillian Noskiye, the IRSR Health Support Worker will be providing supports at events, and ability to travel within Edmonton and the surrounding communities when required. IRSR Health Support must possess the physical ability to respond quickly to, and effectively deescalate difficult, potentially volatile situations, and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to change.
The successful candidate must be able to work the occasional evening and weekend shift if needed and must be open to participating in any required training.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Works with Cultural Support Worker to provide workshops, healing circles, crisis interventions
- Provide information, referrals, advocacy, and professional counselling
- Assist and support clients to develop a healing plan and to achieve their goals
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive written documentation, according to KTC’s systems and standard as well as Health Canada expectations, regarding all client’s interactions.
- Makes contact with former students and their families in the location of their choice, at times.
- Good working knowledge of SFI, AISH, Mental Health, Child Welfare and Justice procedures, and understanding of the Indian Residential Schools Settlement Agreements.
You will have:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to work well as a team member;
- Good organization skills;
- Strong computer skills in MS Word and MS Excel, Email and Internet, electronic and paper filing, and data base systems;
- Ability to understand/speak Cree is an asset;
- Must provide a Child Intervention check;
- Must provide a clear RCMP Police Information Check;
- Valid class 5 Driver’s License.
Please submit a cover letter and resume citing the position title in the email subject line via email to: Hr@ptfn.net. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Open until a suitable Candidate is found